Durham Parents of Multiples is a non-profit organization made up of over 140 families with twins, triplets and more, providing support services for parents of multiple birth children in Durham Region. We were founded in 1979. DPOM is an affiliate chapter of Multiple Births Canada, Canada’s national support organization for multiple birth families.
We strive to help each other through the unique challenges of raising multiple birth children and share in the many joys. Durham Parents of Multiples (DPOM) supports families and our community through education and advocacy for multiple birth issues and, most importantly, through friendship – because only other parents of multiples can truly understand.
We’ve Been There – We Can Help!
When two, three, or more babies joining your family at once, you may experience a wide range of emotions. Connecting with other families with multiple-birth children is the best way for parents to find support, empathy, and perhaps even a trick or two to make life easier. Be sure to register for the next Parent Information Night to find out more!
Your annual membership with DPOM includes a basic membership with Multiple Births Canada (MBC) and an electronic subscription to Multiple Moments, an MBC publication distributed on a quarterly basis. It also includes your membership with the Durham Parents of Multiples chapter. We provide:
- The opportunity to connect with parents of multiples who have been there!
- A quarterly e-newsletter written by parents of multiples with great tips & articles.
- Monthly support meetings in your neighbourhood.
- Support from a MSV (Mother Support Volunteer) for the first year of membership and the opportunity to become an MSV afterwards.
- Fun family events & play dates, as well as events just for Mom and Dad.
- Discounts with local & national retailers.
- Semi-Annual Clothing, Toy and Equipment Sale. Sell your items and shop early, before the public!
- An active Facebook community.
- A lending library with resources on birthing and raising multiples.
- Information on multiple-birth issues like prematurity, breastfeeding for two or more, special needs, etc.
- And much more!
General inquiries about membership can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.